- The bar at Commonwealth.
- The communal table at Commonwealth.
- An albino peacock oversees the bar.
- Seating and old timey piano at Commonwealth.
- Old newspaper clips and black and white photos decorate one wall.
- The staircase to the upstairs balcony.
- Eclectic taps at Commonwealth.
- Seating at Commonwealth.
- Lighting on the way up to the balcony at Commonwealth.
- More seating at Commonwealth.
- The ceiling at Commonwealth.
- You've been forewarned.
The transformation of Downtown Las Vegas is under way and now it's time to take a look inside Commonwealth, the pre-Prohibition era cocktail lounge with hints of Boston that opened last week. Behind the bar, an albino peacock oversees the activities. The 6,000-square-foot cocktail bar finds itself bathed in incandescent lights, dark woods and exposed brick. Alcoves hide the booths while a 20-foot-long communal bar encourages conversation. Picture frames and candlelight fill out the decor. The 28-person speakeasy isn't quite ready to admit patrons through its secret entrance.
· All Coverage of Commonwealth [~ELV~]