Vegas’ biggest food festival is back with more than 50 chefs, 30 sommeliers and 31 events May 10-13. Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appétit, the food and wine festival held for the past five years over Mother’s Day weekend, plans to be far more interactive in season six.
Tickets to the event went on sale today at vegasuncorked.com, ranging in price from $75 to $295 depending on which events guest choose. Some of the names on the bill include Alain Ducasse, Todd English, Charlie Palmer and Guy Savoy, all of whom have restaurants here in Vegas. Savoy's "dinnertime decadence" event comes in at $295.
Even food trucks make the event this year. Many of the finest in the city plan to park on the roof of the Bellagio's parking garage for festival-goers to taste their wares.
Other highlights include:
· A dinner from chef Michel Richard on Thursday, May 10.
· "Too Hot Tamales," May 11, hosted by Bon Apepétit editor Adam Rapoport. Border Grill chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger offer a four-course menu with tequila pairings.
· A May 11 paella lunch with star Spanish chef José Andrés at Jaleo in the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
· A May 12 lunch, hosted by Rapoport, at Bellagio's Prime Steakhouse and featuring chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten cooking with his wife Marja.
· A " Kings of Cabernet" event May 12: Bellagio wine director Jason Smith and Bon Appétit contributing wine editor David Lynch talk Cabernet and offer tastes.
USA Today reports that “Rapoport wants fest-goers to experience more interaction with chefs, so he's having them cook and talk more, and increasing involvement of Bon Appétit staffers. He'll also be on a cocktail crawl on a party bus that will take participants to hot joints off the Strip.”
Of course, the grand dame of the weekend is the Grand Tasting May 11 for $200 that will feature signature treats from five dozen restaurants at the Caesars Palace Garden of the Gods pool area.
Other anticipated chefs include Michael Mina of Michael Mina at Bellagio; Julian Serrano of Picasso at Bellagio; Scott Conant of D.O.C.G. and Scarpetta at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas; and David Myers of Comme Ça at Cosmopolitan.