Eight of the top 10 high-volume nightclubs in the United States are right here in Vegas. Nightclub & Bar Magazine just published its list of the most successful high-volume nightclubs nationwide, and Marquee Nightclub at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas tops the list with a reported gross in excess of $70 million.
XS Nightclub at Encore Las Vegas, Tao Nightclub at the Venetian and Pure Nightclub at Caesars Palace round out the top five from Vegas.
The entire bunch's combined amount racks up to the robust figure of $1.4 billion, and according to the feature, "The top clubs continue to generate growth well in excess of the overall bar and nightclub segment, which grew 1% in 2011." Apparently a shaky economic climate is really good for business.
Here’s a look at the list:
The Top 15 of Nightclub & Bar's 100 Highest Grossing Nightclubs
1) Marquee Nightclub & Dayclub, Las Vegas, $70-80 MM?
2) XS Nightclub, Las Vegas, $60-70 MM?
3) TAO Nightclub, Las Vegas, $45-60 MM?
4) Pure Nightclub, Las Vegas, $35-45 MM?
5) LIV, Miami Beach, $35-45 MM?
6) LAX Nightclub, Las Vegas, $35-45 MM?
7) HAZE Nightclub, Las Vegas, $35-45 MM?
8) Surrender Nightclub, Las Vegas, $25-35 MM?
9) The Bank Nightclub, Las Vegas, $25-35 MM
?10) LAVO Nightclub NYC, New York, $25-35 MM
?11) The Pool After Dark, Atlantic City, $25-35 MM?
12) LAVO LV, Las Vegas, $25-35 MM
?13) Tryst Nightclub, Las Vegas, $25-35 MM
?14) Mango's Tropical Café, Miami Beach, $25-35 MM
?15) Seacrets, Ocean City, MD, $15-25 MM
· Nightclub & Bar 2012 Top 100 Reflects Success [Nightclub & Bar]
· Here Is a List of the Top-Grossing Restaurants in the US [~E~]
· All Coverage of Nightlife [~ELV~]