Pebble Beach Food and Wine is one of the swankiest fests on the annual circuit and is attended by some of the nation’s best chefs, this year more than 75. Given Vegas’ pantheon of culinary elite, it seems only fitting to have a healthy representation. For those looking for a quick jaunt next weekend before everyone descends on Vegas for our own gastronomic extravaganza next month, here’s a listing of Sin City’s representation at PBFW:
· Welcome Pavilion: Daily (Free)
The Cosmo is serving up some of their signature Maker’s, Ron Zacapa and Belvie cocktails grats to guests picking up their credentials.
· Celebrity Chef Golf Tourney: Thursday, April 12, 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. ($1,000)
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is breaking out the Patron on the 7th hole, which could be dangerous.
· Lexus Opening Night Reception — Thursday, April 12, 6 to 9 p.m. (packages only)
Look for Todd English, Francois Payard and many other notables to plate.
· Todd English — Cooking in Everyday English — Friday, April 13, 10 to 11:15 a.m. ($100), followed by A Day in Italy from noon to 2:30 p.m. ($200)
The “beautiful one,” at least according to People, does his thing.
· Stars of LA — Friday, April 13, noon to 2:30 p.m. ($200)
Lee Hefter and Sherry Yard rep the Wolfgang Puck contingency and Rory Herrmann will serve for Bouchon.
· Culinary Cocktails with Mariena Mercer of the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas — Friday, April 13, 3:30 to 4:45 p.m. ($100)
Here you can become your own bar chef. PR promises that you will “learn to integrate the freshest ingredients, the newest techniques and most interesting savories and spices into cocktails that parallel your finest gastronomic experience.”
· An Italian Love Affair — Friday, April 13, 6:30 to 10:30 p.m.($500)
Paul Bartolotta joins Michael White (rumored to be opening in Vegas) and friends for an intimate dinner party and he is set to serve up a loin of rabbit with crispy artichokes and a Ligurian red mullet salad.
· Tribute To a Legend — Thomas Keller — Friday, April 13, 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. ($1,250)
White, Payard and more (including ex-Wynner Daniel Boulud) will all be there.
· Lexus Grand Tastings — Saturday, April 14, and Sunday, April 15, noon to 3 p.m. ($195)
A number of people will rep Vegas including Bartolotta, who will serve Sicilian amberjack with wilted radicchio and anchovy sauce. —David Morris