With Electric Daisy Carnival week officially under way, it felt like the perfect time to catch Insomniac Events’ CEO and founder Pasquale Rotella to get his take on everything you need to know about the week ahead.
1. There are more than 40,000 free parking spots at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway for Electric Daisy Carnival, but there will be some traffic. If you're looking to arrive in style, charter a helicopter with Maverick Helicopters, offering a view that most will never see of the festival grounds and famous Las Vegas Strip. Taxis are also available as well as shuttle rides, but those are sold out so plan ahead.
2. Fans creative participation is the key ingredient in making EDC an unforgettable experience. This year, those of you who come to EDC Vegas donning the most extravagant and clever costumes will be rewarded in our You Are The Headliner contest.
3. Highlights of EDC Week include various nightlife events, pool parties and after hours hosted by world class venues in addition to the Bassrush Massive show at the Orleans Arena on Thursday and the EDMbiz Conference at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. We encourage everyone to fully experience all Las Vegas has to offer before heading to the festival grounds.
4. The VIP viewing decks and table service are designed with plush seating, floating chandeliers and personal waitstaff provided by Marquee Nightclub. The benefits: Incredible view of the kineticFIELD stage, full bottle service menu, dedicated staff, private restrooms and faster access to the bar service.
5. I am personally very excited to see all the fans in costume, and also for our unique collaboration at this year’s festival between Blue Man Group and Steve Aoki on Saturday, and I suggest also checking out the Discovery Stage that coincides with our Discovery Project, which will feature emerging DJs and producers.
6. EDC will showcase innovative large-scale art installations, some which have never been seen by the public eye. From giant misting daisies, to forests of light and sound, the entire venue is transformed by these unique, interactive masterpieces.
7. We strive to create an imaginative environment and to successfully do so we enlist more than 500 theatrical performers to roam among the fans and throughout the festival grounds. From fire breathers to men on stilts, prepare to experience living, breathing art.
8. We bring full-sized carnival rides to EDC to create an adult playground, all of which are free to enjoy by attendees.
9. This year we’ve partnered with Rock the Vote, a national voter registration organization to create Spin the Vote. This initiative will provide voter registration and voter engagement online and at all Insomniac music festivals in 2012, including EDC in Las Vegas.
10. If you can’t make it out to this year’s festival, Insomniac produces multiple other events and festivals throughout the year and across the country including California, New York, Texas, Florida and even Puerto Rico. We hope to see you at one or many of these experiences very soon.
· All Coverage of Electric Daisy Carnival [~ELV~]
Pasquale Rotella [Photo: Erik Kabik]