Carlos Buscaglia jumped out of corporate life and into his own kitchen last year in March. He headed up the kitchen at Fiamma at the MGM Grand, and now the chef behind Due Forni Pizza & Wine in Summerlin is set to open his second outpost of the trendy pizza joint with two ovens in Austin, Texas, later this year. Here he shares 10 things you didn’t know about him. Well, technically 11.
1. My parents are Italian, I was born in Toronto and raised in Argentina.
2. I took ESL in high school because I did not speak a word of English.
3. At 14 I worked at my uncle Antonio’s pizzeria, Villa Oma.
4. At 16 I was a bus person at Café Micelle in the Frontier casino and made $4.25 an hour.
5. I played soccer for 15 years.
6. My daughter Sofia is 11 and she loves to make chocolate chip pancakes with me.
7. I built a chopper motorcycle with my dad.
8. When I am not in the kitchen I am working on my motorcycle — it is my therapy.
9. I love fast things — motorcycles and cars.
10. Gelato and grasshopper pies are my weakness.