Holy foodie heaven. Just announced, the lineup for the Food & Wine All-Star Weekend taking place this October.
Five resorts will be part of the event Oct. 5-7. Last year, just Aria and Bellagio were involved in the event that brought Food & Wine's special projects director Gail Simmons and a bevy of the resorts’ chefs to town. This year, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and the Mirage get involved in the foodie festival.
Here’s a look at some of the highlights:
· The All-Star Tasting takes place at the Mirage Pool with chefs such as Rick Moonen, Laurent Tourondel and more on hand.
· Aria’s celebrity chef roster gangs up for one big meal at Sage. Look for Masa Takayama, Shawn McClain, Jean-Philippe Maury, Michael Mina, Julian Serrano and Jean-Georges Vongerichten in the kitchen.
· The Grand Patio at the Bellagio turns into a farmhouse setting with executive chefs Roy Ellamar of Sensi and Brett Smith of Zolo Grill, an award-winning Southwestern restaurant in Boulder, Colo., serve a lunch featuring seasonal ingredients harvested from their favorite farms
· Chef of the Century Joël Robuchon’s L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon serves up a cooking demonstration and lunch at the hands of executive chefs Claude Le-Tohic of Joël Robuchon and Steve Benjamin of L’Atelier, both at the MGM Grand. The chefs teach guests how to prepare two of Robuchon’s dishes and then serve a three-course lunch complete with wine pairings
· At Mandalay Bay, Charlie Palmer of Aureole will guide a group of guests in an interactive cooking demonstration highlighting seasonal fall fare.
Tickets for the event start at $50. For more information, visit www.mgmresorts.com/foodandwine/.
· Food & Wine All Star Weekend [Official site]
Gail Simmons and Shawn McClain of Sage at last year's Food & Wine All-Star Weekend [Photo: Aria]