Sebastien Silvestri [Photo: Venetian]
Devilishly handsome Sebastien Silvestri needs a passport to showcase all the spots around the world where he’s worked — the Italian Riviera, the Lanesborough Hotel in London, The Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas with Dean Fearing, Tahiti, Newport Beach, Calif., and now Vegas. He came here to open the Spa Tower at Bellagio in 2005 and then serve as general manager of Sensi. Now he’s the vice president of food and beverage at the Venetian and Palazzo, where he works with the likes of Wolfgang Puck, Emeril Lagasse and Mario Batali. Here he shares 10 of the more fascinating aspects of his intercontinental life.
1. I am half French and half Italian. Still trying to figure it out what is the better half.
2. The two leading ladies in my life are Amelie-Jolie and Angelique, my beautiful daughters.
3. I am having way too much fun in life; I live by the motto “you only live once.”
4. I have worked in Paris, London, the Caribbean, Dallas, Telluride, Newport Beach and have now been in Las Vegas for five years.
5. I have a need for speed. I race with my friends Exotics Racing whenever I can, especially the Ferrari 458 Italia.
6. I play tennis and soccer at least once a week.
7. I eat out every day during the week but love to entertain and cook on the weekends. Whole Foods could sponsor my kitchen by now.
8. I’m addicted to Twitter and I love Tweeting about food. So, follow me @SilvestriLV.
9. After four years in London, I have an aversion to rain. That’s why I love Las Vegas.
10. My newest baby is my Harley-Davidson V-Rod.
· All Coverage of Sebastien Silvestri [~ELV~]
· All Coverage of the Venetian [~ELV~]
· All Coverage of the Palazzo [~ELV~]
· All Coverage of 10 Things [~ELV~]