A few more details came out about Shawn McClain's coming FIVE50 Pizza Bar, going in the Skybox Sports Bar & Grill space at Aria. Yesterday, the chef behind Sage at Aria announced that his new pizza concept will open this spring.
1. The pizzas will feature a twist on East Coast and Sicilian-style pizzas.
2. While the name FIVE50 refers to the temperature at which the pizza is cooked, it also represents the time the restaurant offers a special happy hour daily.
3. McClain, who won a James Beard Foundation Award for Best Chef Midwest for Spring in Chicago in 2006, says FIVE50 is, "[O]ne of the most exciting projects of my career."
4. McClain promises "deep, rich and well-developed sauces, and then finished with premium cheeses and toppings."
5. Other highlights of the menu include small plates, handmade pastas, an artisanal charcuterie selection and desserts.
6. FIVE50's beer program "is designed to both impress connoisseurs and entice novices to explore."
7. The space, designed by Rockwell Group, will feature wood-fired ovens, a central bar, communal tables and a walk-up slice counter for guests on the go.
8. The restaurant will be open daily for lunch, dinner and late night.
· All Coverage of FIVE50 [~ELV~]
Shawn McClain [Photo: Aria]