Bet you didn't think you could eat healthy in Las Vegas. Well, MGM Resorts is trying to help out with its new Smart Plate program that offers dishes with less than 700 calories at cafes and on in-room dining menus.
For example, Café Bellagio has a grilled Atlantic salmon served with a side of broccolini and topped with yellow tomato and cucumber salsa for 690 calories while Raffles Café at Mandalay Bay serves up a blackened Ahi tuna sandwich with a side of fresh cut fruit for 510 calories. Head to The Café at Monte Carlo for a club wrap made with Boar's Head ham, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo; served with a pickle and side of fresh cut fruit for 620 calories or the Pyramid Café at Luxor, where a chicken breast topped with Monari Federzoni balsamic glaze and served with a side of steamed vegetables and quinoa pilaf clocks in at 580 calories.
MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL MAKES HEALTHY LIVING A PRIORITY WITH THE INTRODUCTION OF SMART PLATE®
LAS VEGAS (Dec. 9, 2013) --- MGM Resorts International is reinforcing the company's commitment to healthy living with the addition of Smart Plate®, a new program providing guests and visitors delicious and healthy menu items at 700 calories or less per dish. The exclusive calorie-conscious items are available on select in-room dining menus and at participating cafes. Smart Plate selections, designated on menus with a specialized logo, will be updated frequently, offering guests new choices throughout the year.
"The Smart Plate program is an excellent resource for Las Vegas visitors wanting to manage their healthy lifestyle on the go," said Mandalay Bay Vice President of Food and Beverage Sean DiCicco. "In order to positively impact eating decisions, it's important to provide guests flexible options that cater to their dietary needs. Smart Plate menu items provide all of the essential nutrients required per meal while allowing guests the opportunity to stay on track and motivated throughout their travels."
The Smart Plate program is available at the following MGM Resorts properties and features offerings such as:
• Café Bellagio?Grilled Atlantic Salmon served with a side of broccolini and topped with yellow tomato and cucumber salsa (690 calories)
• Raffles Café at Mandalay Bay?Blackened Ahi Tuna Sandwich served with a side of fresh cut fruit (510 calories)
• The Café at Monte Carlo?Club Wrap made with Boar's Head ham, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo; served with a pickle and side of fresh cut fruit (620 calories)
• Pyramid Café at Luxor?Chicken Breast topped with Monari Federzoni balsamic glaze and served with a side of steamed vegetables and quinoa pilaf (580 calories)
• Market Café at Vdara? Primavera Pizza made with summer squash, artichokes, red onions, sun-dried tomatoes, zucchini, fresh basil, crumbled feta cheese, nonfat mozzarella cheese, black pepper, olive oil and raw garlic (700 calories)
• Garden Grill at Circus Circus?Chef's Salad made with spring mix lettuce, turkey breast, ham, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, croutons, cabbage, carrots, hard-boiled eggs and red onions and topped with balsamic vinaigrette (680 calories)
In-Room Dining Menus
• ARIA Cracked Wheat Fettuccine mixed with chicken fennel sausage, shrimp, asparagus and tomatoes (570 calories)
• MGM Grand
• Caprese Sandwich made with Buffalo Mozzarella, yellow and red tomatoes, balsamic pesto aioli, fresh basil and pickled vegetables (690 calories)
• The Mirage
• Market Fresh Greens with Chicken made with spring lettuce mix, tomatoes, cucumbers and radishes, topped with balsamic vinaigrette and served with a fresh fruit cup (630 calories)
• Monte Carlo
• Red Bean Chili Bowl made with red bean chili mix, cilantro leaves, onions and cheddar cheese (260 calories)
Promoting healthy eating is one component of MGM Resorts' greater healthy living efforts. In February 2013, MGM Resorts announced the launch of Healthy Eating, Healthy You, a complimentary mobile application, available to the public, featuring more than 50 recipes from property chefs, including world-class chefs Julian Serrano, Emeril Lagasse and Wolfgang Puck. Calorie counts and other nutrition information are included with each recipe as well as photographs of the finished dish. Additional healthy living initiatives include:
• MGM Resorts partnered with The Jared Foundation on a comprehensive program to cultivate a healthier workforce, healthier schools and ultimately a healthier community. Founded by weight loss icon Jared 'the Subway Guy' Fogle, the foundation is committed to raising awareness and developing programs that educate and inspire kids to live healthier, happy lives.
• Valuing time, cost and quality care, MGM Resorts introduced the Direct Care Health Plan option in 2012. The plan focuses on patient engagement with a strong emphasis on prevention, early detection and annual physicals.
• MGM Resorts employees were introduced to "Jim's Plate," a program coined after Chairman and CEO of MGM Resorts International Jim Murren. The initiative ensures that all employee dining rooms offer healthy meals daily with recipes created exclusively by chefs at MGM Resorts properties. Each recipe has been reviewed by registered dieticians and is modeled after the United States Department of Agriculture's MyPlate.
• Since 2011, MGM Resorts has partnered with Wellness Coaches, USA to provide on-site wellness coaches at five Las Vegas properties: Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, New York-New York, MGM Grand, and The Mirage. Wellness Coaches work with employees to build personalized health plans centered on reaching fitness goals and reducing health risk factors.