- Citizens Kitchen & Bar has opened at Mandalay Bay.
- The dramatic sign is impossible to miss on approach.
- Citizens Kitchen & Bar replaces Red, White and Blue.
- Two patios are open on either side of the restaurant.
- A take-out counter is positioned at the front entrance.
- Chef Brian Massie from The Light Group is behind the comfort food cuisine.
- Muffallettas are among the singnature comort food offerings.
Address: Mandalay Bay, 3950 Las Vegas Blvd. S.
Status: Opened at 7 a.m.
Citizens Kitchen & Bar, the soon-to-be 24-hour, elevated comfort food replacement for Red, White and Blue at Mandalay Bay has opened, and is already receiving steady business. Executive chef Brian Massie's menu runs the gamut from mac and cheese or smothered tots, to filet mignon with lobster tails inside a revamped urban downtown setting.
As first reported by Eater Vegas, the carefully considered lighting assures the space is unmissable for visitors and the welcoming warm light is a significant improvement over its predecessor. The 6,787-square-foot space has room inside for 175, including 12 at the bar, located to the right of the entrance. Mismatched photos, frames and artwork fill the walls. Beveled subway tiles and plenty of metal accents help the push for a downtown feel.
Two patios are available for outside seating. And for guests looking for grab and go options, a large counter for sandwiches and desserts mimics the set-up previously found at Red, White and Blue, a popular choice for the resort's plentiful conventioneers.
Among the comfort food menu signatures, staff are particularly fond of the mufallettas. An extreme. pizza-sized version, designed to feed six costs $135. If one person manages to eat it all, the meal is free. Other signature dishes include brick chicken with rosemary potatoes, mussels and fries, and the "bag of bones" consisting of dry rubbed baby back ribs.
· All Coverage of Citizens Kitchen & Bar [~ELV~]