Is it any wonder that every major nightclub operator wants to be in Las Vegas? Seven of the top 10 nightclubs based on revenue are located right here in Las Vegas, according to the 2013 Nightclub & Bar Top 100 released today.
Two Vegas-based nightclubs, Marquee at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas and XS at Encore Las Vegas, each clobbered the competition, bringing in annual revenues of more than $80 million. Other clubs that round out the top 10 include Tao at the Venetian (3), Surrender Nightclub at Encore Las Vegas (5), Pure Nightclub at Caesars Palace (6), Lavo at the Palazzo (8) and Tryst Nightclub at Wynn Las Vegas (9).
In total, Las Vegas venues landed 21 slots on the 2013 Top 100 roster. Expect the list to change next year. Vanity closed earlier this year to make way for the reopening of Body English at the Hard Rock Hotel. Hakkasan plans to open in late April at the MGM Grand as well as Light Nightclub coming to Mandalay Bay in April.
Here's a look at the big list.
1. Marquee LV, $80-90 MM
2. XS Nightclub, $80-90 MM
3. TAO LV, $60-70 MM
5. Surrender Nightclub, $45-60 MM
6. Pure Nightclub, $35-45 MM
8. LAVO LV, $25-35 MM
9. Tryst Nightclub, $25-35 MM
12. Hyde Bellagio, $25-35 MM
13. Haze Nightclub, $25-35 MM
14. 1 OAK, $15-25 MM
16. LAX Nightclub, $15-25 MM
20. Vanity Nightclub, $15-25 MM
21. Ghostbar, $15-25 MM
24. The Chandelier Bar, $15-25 MM
25. The Bank Nightclub, $15-25 MM
30. Drai's Afterhours, $10-15 MM
33. Moon Nightclub, $10-15 MM
49. Chateau Nightclub & Gardens, $10-15 MM
72. Stoney's Rockin Country, $5-10 MM
74. Gallery Nightclub, $5-10 MM
78. Lagasse's Stadium, $5-10 MM
· Nightclub & Bar Top 100 [Nightclub.com]
· All Coverage of Nightlife [~ELV~]