The James Beard Foundation just released its list of restaurant and chef award semifinalists for 2013, and only four Vegas restaurants made the list.
Judges culled over a list of 44,000 online nominations to create this long list of contenders in 20 categories spanning 10 regions across the United States. JBF moved Las Vegas and all of Nevada into the West category with California and Hawaii last year.
The short list comes out March 18 at a brunch at the Lowndes Grove Plantation in Charleston, S.C., and live streamed on Eater National.
Here's a look at the Vegas contenders:
· Outstanding chef: Julian Serrano, Picasso at Bellagio
· Outstanding wine service: Picasso at Bellagio
· Rising star chef of the year: Nicole Grimes, Rao's at Caesars Palace
· Best Chef West: Mitsuo Endo, Aburiya Raku
· JBF Announces 2013 Restaurant & Chef Semi-Finalists [~EN~]
· All Coverage of the JBF Awards [~ELV~]