The Life is Beautiful festival this fall in Downtown Vegas is shaping up to be a culinary juggernaut. Today the festival named 11 chefs to its culinary advisory board, which plans to offer creative direction and programming for the culinary portion of the two-day music, food and arts festival.
Brothers Bruce and Eric Bromberg of Blue Ribbon Restaurants, most notably at Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, head up the committee. Other chefs involved include:
· Kim Canteenwalla of Honey Salt
· Scott Conant of Scarpetta and D.O.C.G. Enoteca at Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
· Chris Cosentino of Incanto Restaurant and Boccalone Salumeria in San Francisco
· Hubert Keller of Fleur by Hubert Keller and Burger Bar at Mandalay Bay and Mandalay Place
· Donald Link of Herbsaint, Cochon and Cochon Butcher in New Orleans
· Michael Mina, who has his eponymous restaurant at Bellagio, American Fish at Aria, StripSteak at Mandalay Bay, Nobhill Tavern at MGM Grand and the coming Pub 1842 at MGM Grand
· Rick Moonen of RM Seafood at Mandalay Place
· Jet Tila of The Charleston in Santa Monica, Calif.
· Jonathan Waxman of Barbuto in New York City
The culinary portion of the festival plans to showcase 80 chefs spread out in a Moroccan-inspired bazaar of food mixed with merchandise stalls as well as demonstrations, competitions and a garden for wine, beer and spirits. Look for exclusive dining experiences prepared by either a single chef or a collaboration of chefs, winemakers and mixologists.
· All Coverage of Festivals [~ELV~]