- Pizza Rock is scheduled to open Downtown in late summer.
- The former Celebrity Theater will feature breakdancing pizza chefs.
- This will be the second Pizza Rock location from owner Tony Gemignani.
- Tony Gemignani is an eight time World Champion pizza acrobat.
- Gemignan won first place Master Pizza Maker at the 2012 Las Vegas Pizza Expo.
- Like Gemignan's Sacramento location, a truck cab will become part of the design,
Sacaramento's "energetic and artsy" Pizza Rock has finally begun groundbreaking on their big plans for Downtown. New plywood and construction signs surround the former Celebrity Theater and a banner affixed to the plywood proclaims to "Respect the Craft" and promises visitors "the best pizza in the world is coming to Downtown."
Part of the Downtown Grand project, this pizza joint from multi-award winning Tony Gemignani is scheduled to open late summer. His famed Margherita pizza is limited to 73 pies created per day.
Images on this banner hint of a continuation of themes from Gemignani's original restaurant, such as an incongruous six-wheel truck. The Sacramento location features a DJ booth housed inside a Peterbilt truck cab suspended over the bar. For Las Vegas, renderings reveal a similar truck will be roof mounted, hanging over the front entrance and surrounded by fire. The flaming imagery is a major element of the Pizza Rock aesthetic.
Another image teases a pizza thrower and Pizza Rock will feature displays of "championship pizza throwing." Gemignani is an eight-time "World Champion Pizza Acrobat." When not throwing pizza, staff will also spontaneously break dance for customers. "Pizza artisan meets nightlife energy" is a motto of the California venture.
· All Coverage of Pizza Rock [~ELV~]