- The View bar at Palms opens March 15.
- The View takes over from the shuttered Playboy Club.
- Board games, billiards and shuffleboard replace the Playboy gaming tables.
- The View is open Fridays and Saturdays beginning at 9 p.m
- Paid admission includes complimentary games at The View and entry into Moon Nightclub.
As first reported by Eater Vegas, but refuted by Palms personnel, The View bar will replace the shuttered Playboy Club atop the Palms resort.
With million dollar views of the Vegas Strip as a backdrop, the new concept eschews blackjack or roulette and adds a very nostalgic twist to playing games in Vegas. At hand will be a plentiful choice of board games, two billiard tables and one shuffleboard table. The games include checkers, tic-tac-toe, dominoes, Connect Four and Jenga. Not on that list, Playboy founder Hugh Hefner's favorite board game, backgammon.
The partial retro theme will also extend to the lounge's soundtrack and musical director Mark Stylz is programming "classic rock, to '80s, '90s, classic hip-hop and new wave" playlists.
The neon Playboy bunnies behind the bar have been removed and the space is much more open plan and airier than in its previous incarnation.
The View will currently only be open on Fridays and Saturdays from 9 p.m. until "late." No cover charge until 10:30 p.m., when the price rises to $25 per person. Paid admission includes complimentary games and entry into Moon Nightclub, one floor above. Happy hour for View nighthawks runs from 9 to 11 p.m.