Executive chef Eric Klein has been serving up Wolfgang Puck's California-inspired fare at Spago at the Forum Shops at Caesars since 2007. The native of Alsace, France, joined Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group soon after relocating to the United States in 1996 and spent seven years working alongside Puck at his California-based restaurants. At Spago in Beverly Hills, he worked as the sous tournant when it opened in 1997. He took on the head chef position at Maple Drive in Beverly Hills in 2004 and he was named one of the Top 10 Best Chefs in America by Food & Wine magazine. He moved on to SW Steakhouse at Wynn Las Vegas and later became executive chef of Fix at the Bellagio. In 2007, he returned to Spago to take on the executive chef. Here, Klein shares 10, well, 11 things you don't know about him.
1. Working on cars is a passion, and driving anything with wheels, especially big machinery? I would love to be a race car driver, even if for just a day.
2. Taking anything apart and putting it back together, I want to know how everything works.
3. I love learning the history behind things. I like to know the story behind them.
4. Restoring anything.
5. Working on the lawn and in my yard.
6. If I wasn't a chef, I would be a farmer.
7. Learning new languages (I know four right now).
8. I would love to just sit and have a beer with the President.
9. I would like to learn more about everything. I am fascinated about things I don't know yet.
10. I love teaching people what I know, about cooking or anything else as well.
11. I wish I had the platform as a "normal" person to speak about my dreams and the changes I would like to have made, so we can get back to the way things are supposed to be.
· All Coverage of Spago [~ELV~]
· All Coverage of 10 Things [~ELV~]
Eric Klein [Photo: Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining]