Motley Brews returns to the Clark County Amphitheater on Saturday, Sept. 21, for a second round of the Downtown Brew Festival featuring premier craft beers from local Nevada brewers as well as beers from some of the best breweries in the surrounding region. Here are seven reasons to attend the event from 6 to 10 p.m.
1. More than 170 seasonal beer tastings make the menu. You can see an entire list here.
2. More than 50 local and regional breweries will be on hand.
3. Music also makes the agenda, with Rusty Maples and American Cream on tap.
4. Four local breweries — Joseph James, Chicago Brewing Co., Tenaya Creek Brewing Co. and Big Dog's Brewing Co. — will showcase their beer entries into the Great American Beer Fest, the largest U.S. beer festival held in October.
5. A section of the festival is dedicated to local beer where members of the Nevada Craft Brewers Association will introduce some rare specialty brews made just for the Downtown Brew Festival.
6. Christian Dolias of CutThroat Culinary is creating the beer-infused menu for VIPs. He's serving up a smoked porter braised short rib made with Stone Smoked Porter, citrus and Hefe crab Louis sliders made with Big Dog's Tailwagger Hefeweizen, IPA-marinated crispy chicken tacos made with Joseph James Hop Box Imperial IPA and Irish car bomb cupcakes made with Tenaya Creek Hauling Oats Oatmeal Stout.
7. Fear not going hungry if you don't buy VIP tickets. Todd English P.U.B., Slow Cal BBQ, Smoke'N Sam's BBQ, Sausagefest and RoboDuck Fusion Food will be on hand with eats.