Bacchanal Buffet is on the brink of celebrating its first birthday (anniversaries are too stuffy for a buffet), and with it comes a birthday cake that vies the sheer size of the 25,000-square-foot buffet that seats 600 at Caesars Palace. Here now, some fun facts about the birthday cake that will be on display inside the buffet for the month of September.
1. A team of chefs spent six days creating decorations.
2. The cake features 150 pounds of fondant.
3. The cake itself measures five feet by five feet by five feet.
4. The 10-layer cake includes a layer representing each of the nine kitchens plus one touting the awards collected so far.
5. A "glass" chandelier made from spun sugar serves as the cake's topper.
6. Each of Bacchanal's design elements — wood, steel and glass — are represented? on the layers.
· All Coverage of Bacchanal Buffet [~ELV~]
Bacchanal Buffet's birthday cake [Photo: Caesars Palace]