clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Pin Kaow Shut Down by SNHD with an Imminent Health Hazard

The restaurant had no hot or running water.

Bradley Martin

Pin Kaow, the Thai restaurant at 1974 N. Rainbow Blvd., was shut down by the Southern Nevada Health District after a routine inspection on Wednesday, Sept. 30.

The restaurant had no hot or running water, an imminent health hazard that called for an immediate shutdown.

Pin Kaow earned 19 demerits during the inspection, with markdowns for waste water or sewage disposed of improperly, an inadequate number of hand washing facilities and more.

Previous inspections dating back to 2009 have turned up mainly A grades, with three B grades twice in 2012 and once in 2014.

The health district conducts unannounced inspections at least once a year. Inspections are posted online about five days after the inspection. The Southern Nevada Health District routinely shuts down restaurants that receive more than 40 demerits. Restaurants have the option of requesting a re-inspection before the next scheduled inspection.

Pin Kaow

1974 N Rainbow Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89108 (702) 638-2746 Visit Website