clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

SNHD Shuts Down Glenmel Filipino Buffet with an Imminent Health Hazard

The buffet opened earlier this year.


Glenmel, the Filipino buffet at 1436 E. Charleston Blvd. on the east side of Las Vegas, was shut down by the Southern Nevada Health District after inspectors discovered an imminent health hazard during a routine inspection on Wednesday, April 20.

SNHD inspectors found an interruption of electrical service, which called for the immediate closure of the restaurant.

The 25-demerit inspection also revealed spoiled food, ineffective pest control measures, unposted grade signs, food unprotected from potential contamination, equipment that wasn’t cleaned or sanitized properly and more.

The only other inspection by SNHD at the buffet resulted in an A grade on Jan. 20.

The health district conducts unannounced inspections at least once a year. Inspections are posted online about five days after the inspection. The Southern Nevada Health District routinely shuts down restaurants that receive more than 40 demerits. Restaurants have the option of requesting a re-inspection before the next scheduled inspection.