Even though Favorite Bistro at The Linq Promenade closed its dining room after discovering no potable water after a water main break on Oct. 15 in the French restaurant, the Southern Nevada Health District still issued an imminent health hazard.
Inspectors found the staff continuing to prepare food in an upstairs kitchen. The restaurant contends it was throwing food away. Favorite Bistro reopened that same day with an eight-demerit A grade.
Kabob Kitchen Mediterranean Grill at 10040 W. Cheyenne Ave. failed a re-inspection with the health department on Oct. 17, and inspectors shut the restaurant down. Inspectors found a lot of filthy conditions, such as dirty soda nozzles, walls, floor sink, and kitchenware stored as clean. Even a moldy container used for mayonnaise was found.
Kabob Kitchen Mediterranean Grill came within two points of being shut down by the health department after a routine inspection on Sept. 26. The 39-demerit inspection revealed ingredients such as sour cream, hummus, and cut greens held at dangerous temperatures, grilled chicken cut with bare hands, undercooked chicken tenders for kabobs, trash bags covering chicken and beef in the cooler, and excessively dirty can openers and floors. The restaurant still has a C grade.
The restaurant re-opened on Oct. 18 with a six-demerit A grade.
The health district conducts unannounced inspections at least once a year. Inspections are posted online about five days after the inspection. The Southern Nevada Health District routinely shuts down restaurants that receive more than 40 demerits. Restaurants have the option of requesting a re-inspection before the next scheduled inspection.
• All DOH Chronicles [ELV]