clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Three Restaurants Shut Down with Imminent Health Hazards

Roaches, no water, sewage, and more

Health Inspected
Health Inspected
Bradley Martin

The Southern Nevada Health District shut down Palm Vietnamese Food to Go inside 99 Ranch at 3768 Maryland Pkwy. on May 30 after discovering multi-generational, multi-species roaches in the kitchen. Other violations included “a soiled rag touching uncovered sugar, an employee’s hemorrhoid medicine stored on a shelf with food, an employee’s soup and cell phone on a food prep table, and grease and food debris build-up providing food for roaches,” according to KTNV. Inspectors found both dead and live roaches.

Palm Vietnamese Food to Go re-opened June 1 with an eight-demerit A grade.

Health inspectors shut down Barbacoa Hidalguense inside the Broadacres flea market at 2930 Las Vegas Blvd. N. in North Las Vegas on May 26 after discovering three imminent health hazards. The restaurant continued to serve customers even though employees could not wash their hands. Wastewater leaked onto the floor from a broken pipe, and an employee’s Pepto Bismol sat on a food shelf. The restaurant reopened on June 4 with a zero-demerit A grade.

Health inspectors also shut down Big Daddy’s BBQ food truck on May 25 with an imminent health hazard. Inspectors found no hot water as well as sewage water dumped into the street. The truck reopened on May 28 with a zero-demerit A grade.

The health district conducts unannounced inspections at least once a year. Inspections are posted online about five days after the inspection. The Southern Nevada Health District routinely shuts down restaurants that receive more than 40 demerits. Restaurants have the option of requesting a re-inspection before the next scheduled inspection.

All DOH Chronicles [ELV]

Las Vegas

, , NV

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater Las Vegas newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world