Clark County Fire Department responded to a fire at District One Kitchen & Bar, chef and co-owner Khai Vu’s Vietnamese restaurant in Chinatown, early Sunday morning. The first broke out in the kitchen around 6:40 a.m. and firefighters extinguished it by 7:17 a.m. No one was injured in the fire, and the fire department did not list the cause of the fire.
Vu tells friends on Facebook that the restaurant will remain closed and faces renovations over the next month or two to repair water and fire damage. “We cannot express enough gratitude to our Fire Fighters. They helped us contain what could have been a devastating fire. District one proudly serves the community, we will be back, wait for us, and stay hungry Las Vegas,” Vu said on Facebook.
Vu was one of a legion of restaurants in Las Vegas that converted to a takeout and delivery service restaurant on Tuesday, when Gov. Steve Sisolak mandated that restaurants with dine in service in Nevada must close.
“Due to an unfortunate equipment malfunction unassociated with the COVID-19 slow down, District One will be under renovation for at least one or two months,” Vu wrote on Facebook.
Vu closed his restaurant Mordeo Boutique Wine Bar on Sunday and Le Pho, his pho restaurant at The Juhl, last summer.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal first reported this story.
• Fire closes popular restaurant in Chinatown area of Las Vegas [LVRJ]