While the ban on serving foie gras was lifted in California last week, Las Vegas restaurants have been dishing up this delicacy left and right. Generally found on the menus at steakhouses, you can find it on its own or as an accoutrement. Here, a sampling of 20 foie gras dishes found in Las Vegas.Read More
20 Foie Gras Dishes To Try Before You Die
1. Custom Steaks with Foie Gras at The Country Club – A New American Steakhouse at Wynn
Customize your steak with pan-seared American foie gras for $24 or the foie gras Rossini with truffle sauce for $24.
2. Foie Gras "Bitter Infusion" at Restaurant Guy Savoy
The Guy Savoy Signature Menu includes the foie gras bitter infusion with slow-cooked endives stuffed with kumquats confit. The infusion, served in a tea pot, has raw and cooked beet brunoise, Gen Mai Matcha tea and duck consommé. Not enough?
3. Foie Gras Custard Brûlée from Sage
The foie gras custard brûlée is one of the signature dishes at Shawn McClain’s restaurant with blood orange, toasted cocoa nibs and salted brioche.
4. Foie Gras French Toast at STK Las Vegas
French toast and foie gras. What’s not to love? A little green apple, some almond brioche and sherry gastrique finish this marvel.
5. Foieffle Air Waffles at Bazaar Meat by Jose Andres
Does anyone get as crazy with foie gras as José Andrés? Try the Cotton Candy Foie Gras Crispy amaranth for $8 each, the Foieffle Air waffles with foie espuma, peanut butter, honey (pictured) for $12, or the S’mores foie gras with chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers for $30.
6. French onion soup at Aureole
Charlie Palmer's Aureole makes French onion soup even more decadent with foie gras, truffles and gruyère cheese puff pastry.
7. Hudson Valley Foie Gras at Botero
Land Hudson Valley foie gras with a blueberry waffle and lemon butter for $28 or add foie gras to any dish for $22.
8. Hudson Valley Foie Gras at Lakeside
Lakeside serves up Hudson Valley foie gras with orange-basil preserve, noble and toasted brioche for $28.
9. Hudson Valley Foie Gras at N9NE Steakhouse
Order up Hudson Valley foie gras with brioche French toast, mixed greens, a red wine sauce and cranberry compote for $28.
10. La Caille from L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon
Hear the words mashed potatoes and Joël Robuchon and you know you have a winner. Add the foie gras stuffed free-range quail and your tastebuds will soar through the stratosphere.
11. Marti Gras Martini at Andre's
Legend has it that this cocktail was created when a guest walked in and asked if Andre's had a bacon martini. Not to be outdone, Patrick Trundle, director of beverages for Andre's, thought up the martini on the spot. The guest was amazed. The rest is history. Inside, find Grade A foie gras, vodka, brandy, clover honey and Tahitian vanilla bean. This very popular martini at Andre Rochat's restaurant sells for $18.
12. Pan-seared foie gras at Delmonico Steakhouse
Delmonico has a pan-seared foie gras with local honey glazed apples and brioche toast.
13. Pan-Seared Foie Gras at The Barrymore
Simple is the name of the game at The Barrymore, where the foie gras is pan-seared and served with spiced french toast, clementine confit and citrus jus.
14. Rossini Burger at Burger Bar
Throw together a Wagyu beef burger with shaved truffles and foie gras and you have one decadent way to dine of foie gras.
15. Sauteed Foie Gras at Alizé
Alize at the Top of the Palms has the sautéed foie gras with brioche pain perdu, sweet potato puree, apple chutney, pistachio and pumpkin seeds. The accompaniments change with the seasons.
16. sautéed Hudson Valley Foie Gras at SW Steakhouse
The sautéed Hudson Valley foie gras here comes with roasted apple purée, huckleberries, crisp apple, celery leaves for $28. Or just add it to any steak for $24.
17. Seared foie gras at Tableau
Tableau serves its seared foie gras with a griddled corn muffin, strawberry jalapeño jam and aged balsamic for $26.
18. Seared Foie Gras Bao at Andrea's
Find seared foie gras bao with pineapple, carrot, akajiso, cucumber, cilantro, balsamic soy and sweet miso at Andrea's for $30.
19. Seared Hudson Valley Foie Gras at Charlie Palmer Steak
Order the seared Hudson Valley foie gras with spiced pineapple bread pudding and a bourbon reduction at Charlie Palmer Steak or just top any steak or entree with seared foie gras for $19.
20. Tandoori-Foie Gras Ice Cream and Consommé with Mango at Twist by Pierre Gagnaire
The foie gras changes with the season at Twist. Now find tandoori-foie gras ice cream and consommé with mango on the menu.